The Internet provides many opportunities, but also a number of threats to data security. To help you learn how to protect yourself, we present our computer security training.
This course provides computer security knowledge with a focus on two key aspects - antivirus software and firewalls. Learners will learn how to prevent viruses, malware and unauthorised access to their systems as the training combines theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
The aim of the training is to understand the basic principles of computer security, recognise and analyse different types of cyber attack, use anti-virus software and firewalls, know how to use encryption to protect sensitive information and how to create and manage strong passwords, recognise social and manipulative attacks and methods to prevent them, protect network infrastructure, protect mobile devices, protect online payments, understand the implications of malicious digital activity.
By completing the training, you will have the knowledge and skills to help you protect your own security and meet the challenges of today's digital world.
Content of the training
- Basic computer security concepts
- Why security is important and identification of major cyber attacks and threats.
- Antivirus software
- Types of antivirus programs
- Installing and setting up antivirus software
- Regular updates and antivirus scanning
- Types of firewalls (hardware and software)
- Setting up and managing firewalls
- Network infrastructure protection
- Security functions and features
- Data encryption
- Passwords and password security methods
- Two-factor and multi-factor authentication
- Social engineering and phishing
- Network Security
- Basic network security concepts
- Protection against attacks such as DDoS (denial of service) and man-in-the-middle
- Mobile security
- Online transaction security
- Managing passwords and personal informationя
- Creating strong passwords and the techniques for remembering them;
- Protecting personal information and cookies
- Public Responsibility and Ethics
How training is delivered?
Each trainee receives a personal account to access the training. It is completed online, at a time and place convenient for the user.
If you are interested in our services or have further questions, you can contact us on +359 2 850 53 64 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org