Approximate reading time: 3m 33s
Have you ever been asked a question that you know the answer to, but find it difficult to frame meaningfully?
These are common cases where a good memory is important.
Memory is more than remembering the article you read yesterday. It is an important skill that you can develop and improve. Whether it's remembering important statistics, describing a situation or knowing a product - your ability to remember is important.
There are many techniques to boost memory. Let's take a look at the most important ones.
Improving memory through health care
The foundation of a good memory is a healthy body. You can't expect your brain to function well if you don't take care of your body.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Make sure you take all the vitamins and antioxidants you need. They have a beneficial effect on memory. Even do more: sign up for a special course on the basics of healthy eating.
Drink water. Most people don't take in enough water and don't even realize they're dehydrated. When you don't take in enough fluids, your body and mind weaken. Water makes your red blood cells more active, and they give you energy.
Get enough sleep. During sleep, the brain recharges. According to studies, the human brain needs sleep to turn new memories into lasting memories.
Manage stress in your personal and professional life. Stress can have a very negative impact on improving your memory. Learn to limit and control stress in your life. Use relaxation techniques and positive thinking to reduce stress levels.
Enroll in the "Stress Management" e-learning course to build your skills to deal healthily with turbulent emotions caused by stress, both personally and professionally.
Do not use nicotine or alcohol. Reduce or completely eliminate nicotine and alcohol use - they have a negative impact on memory.
Improve memory through medication
The brain of a modern person is under constant attack from various factors that make it difficult to absorb and process incoming information. You can support and improve its performance significantly through appropriate dietary supplements, vitamins or certain medications if the case calls for it. It is best to consult a specialist, especially if you notice more serious problems with your memory. He or she will pay attention to your individual characteristics and refer you to the most appropriate medication.
Let's take a look at some of the best memory pills on the market:
- Glycine - is a drug that stimulates brain neurons, increases all cognitive functions and positively impacts mental exhaustion;
- Vitrum Memori - a product with a botanical composition that promotes cerebral and peripheral circulation, enriches the brain with oxygen and natural saccharides. It enhances concentration, helps normalize the emotional environment and improves memorization;
- Aminalone - also suitable for diabetics as it reduces the concentration of sugar in the body, this drug has antioxidant properties through which it purifies the blood. It has a beneficial effect on metabolic processes and is often used for recovery from craniocerebral injuries;
- Ginkgo Biloba - this is one of the most popular herbs in the world, which in addition to its many therapeutic benefits, also positively affects memory and supports overall brain function. It is also used to eliminate sleep problems, tinnitus and vertigo.
Not only the elderly, but also students and schoolchildren often resort to pills for memory and concentration. The truth is that there is no 100 percent proof of the effectiveness of these drugs. The best choice for overcoming memory problems remains complete rest.
Fertilising the brain
If you notice symptoms such as dizziness, headaches, impaired memory and concentration, apathy, depressive states, or an unsteady gait, it's likely that you have a brain drain problem. This can lead to its premature aging due to a sedentary lifestyle, the risk of stroke, cerebrovascular disease and chronic cerebral circulatory failure. There are several herbs that have beneficial effects on the dew process.
- Aronia - it protects blood vessels and brain cells from various adverse factors;
- Alpha-lipoic acid - it is an antioxidant that supports good physical and mental fitness;
- Rosemary and Verbena extract - take care of the tone of the central nervous system. They support more recent recovery after alcohol intake.
Challenge your brain
Your brain needs exercise to feel good. You can exercise your brain by using it consistently. Try these things:
- Learn something new or find a hobby. Find activities that contribute to building a new skill. For example, if you work with numbers all day, develop your creative side with drawing or photography lessons.
- Maintain social contacts. When communicating with different people, you need to think. This helps keep your brain strong and active.
- Focus on the important things. It's not possible to remember everything, so focus on the most important things. Don't overload your brain with unnecessary things.
Tips to improve memory
It is important to train your memory, but remembering unnecessary things (such as, all the tasks you need to complete) is a difficult task. What's more, they will fill up your short-term memory and make it harder to concentrate. Plus, they can increase your stress levels as you try to remember everything you need to do.
So, write down your tasks so you don't have to remember everything! And if your memory fails you, you'll know where to look for the information you need.
Keep your brain active with memory training games like Sudoku, puzzles, scrabble and more. These are popular and fun ways to improve your memory.
Your memory is an important asset to protect and develop, even if you no longer have to study for exams. If you practice the tips we have given you in this article, you will keep your mind healthy and active.
Remember - you only have one brain, so treat it well and don't take it for granted.